An interesting model of our solar system’s path as it travels through space in the Milky Way.
Certainly a departure from usual models that show the Sun as a static object, which it certainly isn’t
I had no idea this was happening. Where are we going?
To fuck some shit up
It’s like a cosmic merry-go-round!
(Source: 4gifs, via buizelmaniac)
Domino celebrates Hanakah by GuineaPigDan
Well, kind of. No, Domino isn’t Jewish. He just likes to have something he can cook multiple marshmallows over.
auramaster-lucario asked: HELLO, BEAUTIFUL PERSON ONCE YOU GET THIS, YOU MUST SHARE FIVE RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF, AND THEN PASS THIS ONTO YOUR 10 FAVOURITE FOLLOWERS :)
I’m a beautiful person? Gee, thanks. Well here you go!
1. I had curly hair as a kid. It isn’t really curly anymore now that I’m older, although that’s probably due to me getting it cut and wearing hats a lot to flatten it out.
2. Although I call myself “GuineaPigDan,” I actually like cats more than guinea pigs. Maybe in the future I’ll change my name to something like “PuddyTatDan” (like Tweety saying “pussy cat”) in the future if I ever feel like it.
3. Speaking of my screen name, before I joined dA, I also considered names like “GuineaPigMan,” “DanTheMan,” and “DanTheGuineaPig.”
4. I have a teddy bear I received for my high school graduation that came with a plastic heart that’s filled with candy in silver wrappers. To this day I’ve never eaten any of the candy in that heart, so I have no idea what kind of candy they even are. They’ve probably turned to stone by now.
5. Unfortunately I didn’t receive another teddy bear for my college graduation. Although a teddy guinea pig would have probably been a more appropriate gift for me.
Peter’s snow day! by GuineaPigDan
A sketch commission for Backlash, which is supposed to be a follow up to this drawing. Peter had lost his sandals when suddenly it started to snow. And now he has to rush home before his feet get frostbite.
Things that the Buddha never said -
Perhaps on Facebook or Twitter you’ve seen quotes attributed to the Buddha like “Do not learn how to react, learn or to respond,” or “Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.” It turns out many of these were actually never said by him, or are garbled paraphrases of things he is recorded to have said. This website sorts them all out. If you’d like some real quotes from the Buddha to share, you can visit the parallel website realbuddhaquotes.com. You can also find a lot of sayings in the Buddhist scriptures, the Tipitaka, here.
Earlier this year I was doing volunteer work for Oxinfree Studios http://oxinfree.com/ for an animated educational children’s series called Azadae. It is being headed by Cara Ann Murray, who formerly was a a co-director on the fanmade My Little Pony episode Double Rainboom along with Zachary Rich. We would like help to complete the series, so a Kickstarter for it has been begun. Please consider contributing! I and many other volunteers have worked hard for on Azadae and we’d like to see the series finally take off. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oxinfree/azadae-an-animated-series-for-tanzania
Also, I will be attending the animation convention CTN Expo from November 15-17 to help promote Azadae with Murray and several other people that volunteered for Oxinfree. If anyone around Burbank California (where the expo is held) is reading this, maybe we could meetup at times I’m not busy at the con.